What are the changes with hospital management software? You are about to implement a Hospital Management System or already implement it and have your hopes high on what’s going to change after the implementation. Well, the answer is: A lot. So cliché right? Well, it is what it is. If I was to cover all the changes in detail, I may be writing you a book, well at least it will be one that ends well. Well, like every good movie out there, here are some spoilers for you; 7 feasible changes with hospital management software.
- Transparency: You probably will keep underestimating the impact of this level of transparency until you experience it. The Hospital management system is developed in such a way it makes the healthcare system so simply organized and transparent that you can see all the processes going on like
- Who make the changes.
- What’s the current status
- Who’s available at a particular time and who’s not.
- How long a patient has been visiting
- Patient history
- Cash flow
- Statistics etc.
2. Data Safety: Ever worried about the safety of the continuous pilling of records ranging from staff members related records to financial records to, most importantly, patient records? Well, that’s one of the changes with hospital management software. The Hospital Management System is built to save data in an organized form and with restricted privileges to help decide who has access to what data and the best part is, all this is the cloud-based meaning you don’t have to worry anymore about physical records and kept here and there that might be lost through one way or the other or even worse case, get damaged due to an unexpected disaster.
3. Data Accessibility: Assistants have so much work they can do to help the doctors make the best use of their time. Well, this is not the reality, what happens is they keep carrying files from one person to the other, one department to the other, well this is literary everyone in a hospital operating on a manual system, not just assistants.
The changes with hospital management software will fix all this through its feature that makes it possible to access data from wherever you are. In your office, in the clinic, other departments, wherever, it’s all available on the internet. Only a username and password and you can send and receive authorized files in milliseconds, without having to go physically to retrieve it. And by the way, this lets assistants focus on more important matters.
4. Financial Accountability: Obviously, this is like the most delicate part of managing any facility, insufficient proper management mostly leads to doom. Well, you don’t have to worry about that anymore with a hospital Management System, it does exhausting work for you. After the changes with hospital management software, hospitals use properly programmed modules to help you keep track of your finances.
This ranges from the entry of bills, keeps track of your expenses, revenue per day and overtime and the best part is that this is all live. You can always check to see your financial status at anytime since all data is entered and saved in the same cloud-based service. You can also keep track of long-term revenues generated and also access separate record from various departments. You should be expecting to take total control of your finances.
5. Quality Assessment: Yes, this is what it sounds like. The hospital management system gives you the ultimate ability to always keep track of how your healthcare facility is faring. This helps you keep track of the quality of services offered overtime, to see what needs to be improved and what is doing very well. This also will help in situations where you are trying new policies, to help monitor the impact of these policies.
With your current manual system, you are probably asking around what’s working and what’s not, and even in some cases, you don’t get enough data to reach conclusions. Obviously with an HMS you get detailed data resources and in an HMS like the Drucare HMS, you get a dedicated module to do that for you in the most efficient manner.
6. Increased Revenue: This is pretty obvious, I mean with all the above good things to come and more, this is a sure expectation, but let me just remind you. Many hospitals that have implemented the Hospital Management System have reported a spike in revenues. It’s crazy. Even the whole healthcare industry has seen huge growth from the use of Hospital Management Systems.
It’s mind-blowing but predictable when you think about it like this, Better healthcare system leads to better healthcare service quality which leads to having more patient choose your service which translates into more revenues. After these changes with hospital management software, statistics confirm patients love a hospital with a hospital management system they can take advantage of to get access to reports, bills, facilitate booking appointments and a lot more.
7. Reduced Expenses: In most cases where there is increased revenue, there’s an expectation of increased expenses. Well, this is not the case here. One of the most significant changes with Hospital Management software is the elimination of expenses on most stationaries. In the manual system, there’s a heavy dependence on stationaries like papers in large quantities, it may seem like less for a day but then piles up overtime. This will change once you implement the hospital management system. Every process here is paperless.
The above are merely some changes with hospital management software, you need to experience yourself. These changes together, dramatically change how healthcare service is provided and improves the general quality of how you operate. Anyway, to get the best of these features, it is important to choose the suitable HMS providers for it. Visit our website DruCare to request a demo and hopefully eventually let us implement it on your facility.