2020 Lexus GS F review: So good, but far from the best

• liamprosser
    # 2 months, 2 weeks ago

class=”cnetReview row” section=””>

<div class=”editorReview editorialBody article-main-body ” data-component=”lazyloadImages” section=”review-body”>
    <span class=”col-4 adWrapper “>

<div data-ad=”mpu-plus-top” data-ad-container=”610b7c1584a2c” class=”ad-mpu-plus-top ad-slot “>
    </div>

<u> </span></u>

<figure class=”image image-large pull-none hasCaption shortcode” section=”shortcodeImage”><span class=”imageContainer”><span>lexus-gs-f-2020-09548</span></span><figcaption><span class=”caption”><p>Flare Yellow is the best and boldest color option available for the 2020 GS F buyer.</p></span><span class=”credit”>
    Antuan Goodwin/Roadshow
    </span></figcaption></figure><p class=”speakableTextP1″>The 2020 Lexus GS F isn’t the best sport sedan, but I kind of love it. Even with awkward cabin tech making it frustrating to live with and the nagging feeling that there are better cars in this class for similar money, I’m always happy to settle into the bright yellow GS F, fire up the V8 and punch it. <span class=”link” section=”shortcodeLink”>I’ll be sad to see it go</span>.</p>

<u><div class=”o-flexCard c-reviewCard” data-track=”reviewcard”></u>

<div class=”col-4 c-metaCard o-card” data-component=”readMore” data-read-more-options='”url”:”\/roadshow\/reviews\/local-prices-review\/2020-lexus-gs-f\/xhr\/?col=col-4&trackPos=card”,”event”:”ready”‘>
    <div class=”c-metaCard_section”>
    <figure class=”c-metaCard_prodImg img”></figure>
    <svg class=”c-metaCard_ratingBkg half-dome”>
    <use aria-hidden=”false” xlink:href=”#half-dome”></use>
    </svg>

<u><b> <div class=”c-metaCard_rating”></b></u>
    </div>

<u><b> <h2 class=”c-metaCard_prodName -roadshow”>2020 Lexus GS F</h2></b></u>
    </div>

<i><u> <div data-read-more=”container”></u></i>

<b><u> <div class=”row c-priceBox -card”></u></b>

<u> <div class=”c-priceBox_chunk”></u>
    <h3 class=”c-priceBox_head”>MSRP</h3>
    <div class=”c-priceBox_price” data-track=”truecar”>

$85,010

<b> </div></b>
    </div>

<b> <div class=”c-priceBox_btn” section=”review|card|button” data-track=”truecar”></b>

<div class=”button button_type_secondary button_size_medium “>
    <span data-item=”buttonText”>View <span>Local</span> Inventory</span>
    </div>

<u> </div></u>
    </div>

<b> </div></b>

</div>
    <div class=”col-3 c-reviewCard_list”>

<div class=”c-reviewCard_chunk”><h3 class=”c-reviewCard_head”>Like</h3><ul class=”c-reviewCard_list”>

• <span class=”c-reviewCard_thumb”><svg class=” thumb”><use aria-hidden=”false” xlink:href=”#thumb”></use></svg></span><span class=”c-reviewCard_listText”>Beefy V8 engine feels and sounds fantastic</span>
  • <span class=”c-reviewCard_thumb”><svg class=” thumb”><use aria-hidden=”false” xlink:href=”#thumb”></use></svg></span><span class=”c-reviewCard_listText”>F Sport seat are comfortable and supportive</span>
  • <span class=”c-reviewCard_thumb”><svg class=” thumb”><use aria-hidden=”false” xlink:href=”#thumb”></use></svg></span><span class=”c-reviewCard_listText”>Even though it’s dated, the GS F still looks great</span>
  • </div>

<div class=”c-reviewCard_chunk”><h3 class=”c-reviewCard_head”>Don’t Like</h3><ul class=”c-reviewCard_list”>

• <span class=”c-reviewCard_thumb -bad”><svg class=” thumb”><use aria-hidden=”false” xlink:href=”#thumb”></use></svg></span><span class=”c-reviewCard_listText”>Enform cabin tech lacks modern features</span>
  • <span class=”c-reviewCard_thumb -bad”><svg class=” thumb”><use aria-hidden=”false” xlink:href=”#thumb”></use></svg></span><span class=”c-reviewCard_listText”>Remote Touch controller is frustrating to use</span>
  • <span class=”c-reviewCard_thumb -bad”><svg class=” thumb”><use aria-hidden=”false” xlink:href=”#thumb”></use></svg></span><span class=”c-reviewCard_listText”>Expensive relative to comparable German performers</span>
  • </div>
    </div>
    </div>

<p class=”speakableTextP2″>Despite its flaws, I think the GS F has still got it where it counts. It’s certainly done its part to fight Lexus‘ reputation for boring luxury cars. This particular example’s 193.5-inch length has been coated in eye-catching Flare Yellow paint (a $595 option) that turns heads everywhere I go. The exterior diet pill amphetamines design is more aggressive than the standard GS, with sharpened front and rear aerodynamics, glossy black trim for the wing mirrors and rear diffuser and a carbon fiber lip spoiler on the trunk. Blistered fenders terminate in Lexus F’s trademark fender vents and you’ll spot blue, stylized “F” badges from every angle.</p><p>And yet, the GS F is still about as comfortable as the standard GS. Its 112.2-inch wheelbase leaves plenty of space in the cabin for passengers (91 cubic feet) and in the trunk for cargo (14 cubic feet). Aside from a slightly stiffer ride, the only real compromise the GS F makes is the loss of its fold-down rear seats and trunk pass-through for hauling long items.</p>

<b> <span class=”col-4 adWrapper native”></b>

<div data-ad=”native-mpu-middle” data-ad-container=”610b7c1584a2c” class=”ad-native-mpu-middle ad-slot “>
    </div>

</span>